how to get a bigger butt and hips
Very few women are fortunate enough to have a natural hourglass figure.
With advancement in technologies, there are a few creams and lotions as well as surgical options that can help you get a bigger butt and bigger hips to create the curves you desire. But these options are expensive and also come with side effects. Of course, there are padded panties, but they look a bit like grannie panties, right?
If you want to get a curvy body(bigger butt) the natural way, it is definitely attainable. Two things are critical: exercise and a good diet including healthy fats and good workout routine. A combination of all this will widen your hips naturally.
Without a good diet, you will not be able to build hip muscles. Without exercise, you will not see results, and moreover, you may start putting on weight.
Here are some of the ways to get a bigger butt and wider hips fast and naturally.
Butt Lift (Bridge)
This strength-training exercise targets the muscles of your buttocks and lower back to keep them toned and in shape.
- Lie flat on your back on the floor.
- Keep your hands by your sides and your knees bent, with your feet about shoulder-width apart and flat on the floor.
- With an exhale, gently raise your hips off the floor, while keeping your back straight.
- Hold your hips up for a few seconds.
- With an inhale, slowly lower your hips down to the floor.
- Repeat 8 to 10 times.
- Do this 2 or 3 times a week.
When you are comfortable doing this exercise, do it while holding one leg up in the air.
In this exercise, you essentially sit in a chair but without the chair. It works out your butt muscles to give your buttocks a nice round shape. It is also effective at strengthening your core muscles (glutes).
- Stand straight with your feet touching each other.
- Lift your arms up, with your palms touching each other.
- With an exhale, bend your knees and bring your entire upper body weight into your heel while bending.
- Stay in this position for 10 seconds and take deep breaths.
- Inhale and come back to the starting position.
- Do this exercise for a minimum of 1 to 2 minutes daily along with other workouts to firm up your glutes.
You can always consult a trainer to learn more exercises that can help make your butt bigger and hips wider fast.
Any kind of lunges are good for your butt and hips. However, the side lunge is a little more effective because it utilizes the muscles in your hips.
This type of lunge also allows you to work your glutes and thighs, while targeting the major muscles of the lower body. Plus, side lunges limit the impact on the knees.
- Stand straight with your feet and knees together.
- If comfortable, hold a pair of dumbbells.
- Take a large step with your right foot to the right side.
- Slowly lunge toward the floor, without the right knee extending past your toes and keeping your left leg relatively straight.
- Now, push off using your right foot to return to the standing position.
- Repeat the same process with the other side.
- Do three sets of 10 on each side.
- Repeat this exercise 3 times a week.
Note: Remember to keep your back and upper body straight, and don’t bend your knees too much.
This simple exercise, which involves just basic stepping up and down, is effective for developing a number of muscles in your lower body, including your major butt muscle – the gluteus maximus. It also helps keep the muscles in your legs toned.
- Place a sturdy step or bench in front of you.
- Stand near it with your back, legs and arms straight, feet hip-width apart.
- With an exhale, step up onto the center of the step with your right leg and keep the other leg behind you for balance.
- Inhale and slowly bend your right knee, then step back down to complete one round.
- Do 5 to 10 rounds with one leg, then switch to the other leg.
- Do this exercise for at least 20 minutes once daily.
To make the workout more effective, you can also hold weights (barbells or dumbbells) in each hand with your palms facing your body.
Squats are one of the best exercises for wider hips. They target the inner and outer hips, promoting muscle growth in those areas.
Apart from increasing your hip size, squats also tone your thigh muscles. There are different types of squats, but dumbbell squats are the most effective.
- Stand straight, holding a pair of dumbbells with your arms extended next to your sides and your palms facing inward.
- Keep your head up, brace your abs, push your hips back and bend your knees.
- Slowly lower your body into a squat, with your hands remaining next to your sides.
- Hold this position for a few seconds.
- Then, push back up to the starting position.
- Repeat 10 to 15 times or more as recommended by your trainer.
- Do this exercise 3 times a week.
Note: Keep your abs tight throughout the exercise to stabilize your spine.
Basic Donkey Kicks
For wider hips, another effective exercise is the basic donkey kick. As this simple exercise strengthens your gluteus muscles, it helps you enjoy bigger buttocks, too.
- Get down on a mat on your hands and knees.
- Keeping your head straight, position your hands below your shoulders and keep your knees and hips aligned.
- Now, lift your right leg up, keeping the rest of the body as it is.
- Stretch your foot as much as you can, without moving your body.
- Return to the starting position.
- Perform the same steps with the left leg.
- Do at least 8 repetitions on both legs.
- Do this exercise at least 3 times a week.
Diet Tips for a Bigger Butt and Wider Hips
Along with exercise, you also need to focus on your diet. When physical exercise is combined with a healthy diet, you will get results quickly.
- High quality, protein-rich foods are extremely beneficial to enhance any feature of your body. Some good options include fish, poultry, lean red meat, whey, beans, legumes and eggs.
- Enjoy a protein shake after you workout to ensure your muscles repair and build properly.
- Eat foods that are highly rich in minerals and vitamins to help your body digest protein properly. Such foods include mixed nuts, leafy green vegetables, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, quinoa, oatmeal and berries.
- No matter what, you must drink an adequate amount of water to keep your body well hydrated
Here are some suggested foods to help in your journey to bigger butt
Salmon is an awesome source of protein, packing 22 grams into a single 4-ounce (113-gram) serving.
Salmon are also packed with omega-3 fatty acids, which provide endless health benefits.
Some findings recommends that omega-3 fats reduce inflammation, which may speed up muscle recovery and growth.
A study in 44 older adults discovered that consuming omega-3s for 6 months helped increase muscle volume and strength, compared with a control group.
Eggs are very nutritious, providing a large sum of selenium, vitamin B12, riboflavin, and phosphorus. The B vitamins in eggs can help your body produce energy from your diet. Each medium egg also supplies about 6 grams of protein, making this food an excellent addition to a high-protein diet.
In addition, leucine, an amino acid found in eggs, has been proven to stimulate muscle synthesis and reduce muscle protein breakdown, which may be specifically beneficial for enhancing your bum size.
Brown rice avails the excellent balance of complex carbs and protein, holding over 5 grams of protein per cooked cup (195 grams).
What’s more, protein powder synthesize from this grain is a good choice for those who require an extra protein boost.
In an 8-week study involving 24 people, consuming a brown rice protein supplement per day improved body composition and workout performance.
Brown rice is also rich in branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), and these are broken down directly into your muscles for a quick source of energy.
Findings show that BCAAs can reduce muscle soreness and tiredness, increase muscle protein synthesis, and curb muscle loss to help balloon your bum.
Protein shakes are an excellent choice for a healthy post-workout treat.
Whey protein, a type of protein available in milk, has been proven to favour muscle growth and recovery after workouts.
Enjoy it or other protein powders after your workouts by mixing them with milk, fruits, and veggies to bump up your shake’s butt-boosting benefits.
Greek yogurt is for certain a nutritional powerhouse, stacking up a huge amount of calcium, vitamin B12, phosphorus, and riboflavin in each serving.
Up against regular yogurt, it also contains almost double the amount of protein — with a whopping 24 grams in each cup (245 grams).
Like other dairy products, Greek yogurt avails both slow- and fast-digesting protein, which can support muscle growth to enlarge your glutes.
An investigative study in 30 people showed that taking Greek yogurt as part of a 12-week training program improved muscle thickness, strength, and body composition more than a placebo.